CRISIL Gold Index tracks the performance of gold in the domestic market and is based on landed price of gold in Mumbai.
The objective of CRISIL Gold index is to provide an independent, relevant and common benchmark for performance evaluation of investment products with gold as underlying investment.
- Inception date of 01 January, 2007
- Daily index value is the Rupee denominated landed price of 10 grams of gold in Mumbai having a fineness of 995.0 parts per thousand.
- Index is constructed on the basis of London Bullion Market Association (LBMA) A.M. fix price.
- Fixing charges and premium are set at $0.25 per Oz and $1.5 per Oz of gold respectively.
- The index construction methodology is in line with the valuation guideline prescribed by SEBI for Gold ETFs.